Sometimes, due to unavoidable circumstances, you cancel a PTA event or need to refund a member who has made an online purchase through PTAsocial. You can log into your Stripe dashboard* to refund specific transactions on a case by case basis. However please note that Stripe and PayPal do not refund the fees charged (typically 1.4% + 20p or 2.9%+ 30 cents per transaction charge) on online purchases.
Due to the cost of processing refunds, is also not possible to refund the PTAsocial fee of 1.5% (or 1.0% for upgraded customers). Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please make sure this is clear to your members before they make a purchase, unless you plan to refund the full amount from your PTA bank account anyway.
* See instructions below from the Stripe Support pages:
Using the Dashboard
To refund a charge via the Dashboard:
- Find the charge to be refunded in the payments overview page.
- Click the … icon to the right of the charge and select Refund payment from the menu that appears.
- By default you will issue a full refund. For a partial refund, enter a different amount to be refunded.
- Select a reason for the refund. If you select Other, you must provide an explanatory note that is attached to the refund.
- Click Refund.
Alternatively you can go to the Dashboard page for the specific charge and click Refund there. (Again, you’ll be given the choice of a full or partial refund and prompted to pick a reason.)